US Armory

Autumnn - Shandris

CommentLuv Enabled

CommentLuv Enabled

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Steady Shot Pre 3.0.8 and Post 3.0.8

I have been playing around on the PTR this morning. I took combat logs against the Heroic target dummy in IF. I am a BM/MM Hunter.

Control
  • I was using Frostbite Bullets.
  • I took off my Mirror of Truth because of the proc.
  • I didn't use my pet.
  • I didn't buff up any.
  • I used 200 bullets.
  • I had on Aspect of the DragonHawk and Viper as needed.
  • Did not apply Hunters Mark to target.
I used 2 macros both on live and test.

The first macro I used was
#showtooltip Steady Shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
/cast Kill Shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
/cast !Auto Shot
/cast Steady Shot
This caused an auto to go off before the casting of Steady and Kill Shot when able.

The second macro I used was from Kodo_Rida. They noticed the Steady/Serpent macro we had posted no longer refreshes Serpent Sting after it is used once. TY Kodo.
/castsequence reset=3/combat Serpent Sting, Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot, Arcane Shot, Steady Shot, Steady Shot
/script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
/cast Kill Shot
This puts a Serpent Sting on the target first. Then it uses Steady Shot, Arcane Shot then Steady Shot in rotation. It will use Kill Shot when able.

So how bad is the Steady Shot nerf? Click on the DPS for each to see the WWS image of those sets.

Live

PTR
Basically we have lost 10 DPS between live and the PTR. Note that this is a 3 minute test with 200 ammo and long boss fights will vary. With the lower 15 second cooldown on Kill Shot that will add a chunk of DPS to boss fights. Also note this test was done without buffs or a pet.

No comments: